What’s your one thing ??
A more important question is “Whats the one thing you can do this week such that by doing it every else would be easier or unnecessary ?
Extraordinary result are directly determined by how narrow you can make your focus. Find the lead domino, what away at it until it fails. Extraordinary success is sequential , not simulateous
There are 6 lies about success
- Everything matter equally : When everything feels urgent/important, everything seems equal. Achiever always work for a clear sense of priority. They know which one is REALLY important. Most to do list are just survival list, getting you through day / life, but not make each day a stepping stone for next so you can build on. A small amount of course create most of the results. The right input create most of the output, therefore, go small, go extreme, say no until the most important is done and don’t get trapped in “checking off”
- Multi-tasking : Its not take we have too little time to do all the things we need to do, that’s we feel to do too many things in the time we have.
- A disciplined life : Success is a short race, a sprint fueled by discipline just long enough and habit to kick in and take over. The trick to success is to choose the right habit and bring long enough discipline to establish it. Habit require much less energy / effort to maintain that to begin. 66 days is enough to acquire a new habit
- Willpower : The sad thing about willpower is is its come and go. Willpower has a limited battery life but can be re-charged. The more we use our mind, the less mind power we have. The food that elevate blood sugar over long period. We should also do the most important thing when willpower is highest
- Balance life : Problem with living in the middle prevent you making extraordinary commitment to anything. Magic never happen in the middle, it happen in extreme. Time wait for no one, push something to an extreme and postponed can become prominent. TO achieve an extraordinary result you must choose what matter most and give it all the fire it demands. This require getting extremely out of balance in other work issue.
- Big is bad : No one know their ultimate ceiling for achievement, only action that become springboards to succeeding big are those informed by big thinking to begin with. If you learn to do something one way, with one set of relationship, that may work fine until you want to achieve more. Think as big as you possibly can and base on what you do , how you do it and who you do it with succeeding at that level
We overthink , overplan and over-analyze an scene, business and our lives. How we phrase the question we ask ourselves determine the answer eventually become our life. Ask yourself ” What is the one thing i can do such that everything else will be easy or unnecessary ?”
Research / experience of others is the best place to start. If you want something new, you have to behave differently. Live with purpose means what where you want to go. Live by priorities help you to know what to do to get there. Purpose without priority is powerless.
As a human we have “present bias”, we treat object in future a smaller value. People who visualized the process perform better across the board. People overly optimistic about what they accomplish without even kno the process.
One good way to boost productivity is time blocking. If disproportionate result come from 1 activity, then you must give that one activity disproportionate amount of time.
Try this one thing – block out 4 hours a day , for 3 times block, 1 for rest, 1 for planning and 1 to do ONE THING then spend an hour / week to review weekly / annual goals.
There are 3 commitment we need to make in order to good at that ONE thing
1. follow path of mastery – mastery is a path, not a destination.
2. from entrepreneurial to purposeful – for doing what comes naturally to doing what come unnaturally.
3. Live the accountable cycle – Be the authority of your life, not a victim.
Here are few things about productivity :
1. Inability to say No – when you say yes to something its important you understand that you say no to some
2. Fear of chaos : Focus on 1 thing means other things don’t get done. When you strive for greatness, chaos is guarantee to show up.
3. Poor health habits : Personal energy mismanagement is a silent thief of productivity.
4. Environment doesn’t support your goal : No one success alone and no one fails alone. Pay attention to people around you !
Hope your find your one thing
Until next time